There were several posts I didn’t publish this calendar year that people still check out, so I wanted to highlight those. As I did with the other list, the only caveat here is that at least 1,000 people had to click on it. They’re sorted in order of how much time people spent reading them.
A week after a gunman killed two innocent people in a yoga class, this pastor spoke out against the supposed evils of yoga.
2) A Kentucky Scientist’s Blistering Review of the Noah’s Ark Theme Park (Oct. 21, 2016)
One of Ark Encounter’s most vocal critics visited the place and wrote a scathing review of the nonsense inside.
3) I Spoke With a Christian Terrorist Threatening Atheists in Tennessee (Jun. 23, 2017)
Just before a statue of famed lawyer Clarence Darrow went up outside the courthouse in Dayton, Tennessee, a local Christian zealot threatened violence. I gave her a call and asked if she planned to bring weapons to the ceremony. Her response: “It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you.”
4) Bill Maher: Trump Has Exposed the Moral Bankruptcy of Evangelical Christians (Mar. 10, 2018)
In one of his better monologues, the comedian noted how one of the only good things Donald Trump has done is turn evangelical Christianity into a constant punchline.
5) Here’s a Wonderful Story About a Mormon Who Left the LDS Church (May. 20, 2018)
This video of an ex-Mormon describing why she walked away from the LDS Church just made me wish we were friends. Also, the story about her ex-boyfriend is bananas.
6) During the Hawaiian False Alarm, Atheists Didn’t Suddenly Find God (Jan. 14, 2018)
Faced with the (false) threat of a missile attack, a number of atheists in Hawaii chimed in to say they didn’t reconsider their beliefs while on their proverbial deathbeds. So much for that slander about how there are no atheists in foxholes…
During an flipped interview, Stephen Colbert attempted to bridge the divide between science and religion. It didn’t work. Unfortunately, though perhaps out of respect, Neil deGrasse Tyson didn’t press him on the problems with his argument.
An author who obviously did no research for his anti-atheist screed (other than watching FOX News for 23 hours a day) published a laughable excerpt.
9) This Debunking of the Viral “Portal to Sedona” Video is Incredible (Jan. 8, 2018)
Captain Disillusion didn’t just recreate a camera trick. His explanation of how he realized a popular video was fake is just incredible.
10) The Atheist Daughter of a Notable Christian Apologist Shares Her Story (Jul. 15, 2013)
The title says it all. After a childhood spent with a Christian apologist father, one woman explained how she managed to escape, saying, “Freedom is my God now.”
(Image via Shutterstock)