Yesterday on FOX News, Mike Huckabee said that Democrats were so hell-bent on opposing Donald Trump‘s upcoming Supreme Court nominee, they would even reject Moses.
.@GovMikeHuckabee: "If he put Moses up for the possibility of being Supreme Court Justice – the ultimate lawgiver, the Ten Commandments – [@TheDemocrats] would still be against it." pic.twitter.com/DBLfInSYak
— Fox News (@FoxNews) June 29, 2018
Former Republican Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Friday that President Trump could nominate Moses for the next Supreme Court justice and Democrats would still try to block it.
“If he put Moses up for the possibility of being Supreme Court justice — the ultimate lawgiver, the Ten Commandments — [Democrats] would still be against it,” Huckabee told Fox News Friday morning.
Look. You don’t even need to blame Democrats for opposing him. Moses would be a horrible nominee for Republicans.
- Moses couldn’t find his way of a desert for 40 years, yet we’re supposed to believe he could sift through the nuance of a complicated legal battle?
- Moses received the Ten Commandments, yet didn’t even bother to ask why racism and sexism were left off the list and why generosity and kindness weren’t mandated? His judgment is clearly in question.
- Moses killed a man, then buried him in the sand. Might be hard to get some of the more moderate Republicans on board with confirmation after that.
- Moses had a thing for virgins that looks really bad in the #MeToo era.
- Moses was 80 when he led children out of Egypt. There’s no way Republicans would nominate someone that old if they want to hold on to this seat for a while.
- Moses had leprosy… and Republicans really don’t want to nominate an old man with a poor medical history.
- We can’t even find his grave. So good luck with those confirmation hearings.
- Let’s be honest. If President Hillary Clinton nominated Moses to the Supreme Court, Republicans wouldn’t even hold hearings.
So enough with this Democrats-hate-democracy rhetoric. Republicans stole one Supreme Court seat already. Democrats need to do everything in their power to make sure the GOP can’t bend the entire Court in their favor.