Smoke Detectors Saved the Life of a 109-Year-Old Woman… So, Of Course, She Gave Credit To God March 26, 2017

Smoke Detectors Saved the Life of a 109-Year-Old Woman… So, Of Course, She Gave Credit To God

Stella Lennox, a 109-year-old resident of Rockford, Illinois, escaped a tragedy this month when her electric blanket caught on fire while she was visiting her granddaughter. Thankfully, her granddaughter’s husband had replaced the batteries in their smoke detectors the week before, so everyone in his house was aware there was a problem.

Lennox burned a couple of her toes, but otherwise she’s doing just fine. Good news all around.

shutterstock_542065858

But while the local fire department is praising the grandson-in-law for replacing the batteries, Lennox saved the bulk of her praise for God:

Lennox said there are two reasons she was able to escape without more serious injuries. The first: God. The second: working smoke detectors in the home.

“The good Lord was looking out for us because just the week before, (Richard DeLacy) had gone and put new batteries in the smoke alarms,” Lennox said.

Here’s a thought: Can we at least switch the order there? God allowed her to buy a faulty electric blanket. God let it catch on fire. God burned her toes.

A human changed the batteries, saving everyone’s lives. The fire department deserves some credit, too, I would think.

God? He’s the last guy who deserves a round of applause here.

(Image via Shutterstock. Thanks to Sara for the link)

"A lot of parochial schools cater to working class or even working poor students, as ..."

Catholic School Expels Kids After Finding ..."
"“Do we want to be a gospel people, or a Southern culture people? I think ..."

Southern Baptists Can’t Escape Politics When Their ..."
"On this board we tend to translate it as "feucht you." Are we reading too ..."

Southern Baptists Can’t Escape Politics When Their ..."

Browse Our Archives

What Are Your Thoughts?leave a comment