According to Turkey’s Anadolu news agency, Asiye Erdal, her husband Alattin, and their two children recently suffered stomach aches so painful, they had to go to the hospital. They were soon diagnosed with food poisoning.
After they got out a week later, they decided to celebrate. Mother Asiye took precautions this time: She sacrificed an animal to God.
And then the whole family and all of their guests got food poisoning again.
“We don’t get it. First we were poisoned and then sacrificed an animal for God as a sign of gratitude for gaining our health back. Then we were poisoned once again, as well as the neighbours. May God save us from the worst,” [Alattin Erdal] told Anadolu [news agency]. “Food poisoning became our nightmare.”
I have some advice for them. Watch this:
Sacrificing animals to God doesn’t protect you from food poisoning.
I’m sure they’ll appreciate it. Maybe next time, they’ll just try preparing the food differently.
(Image via Shutterstock. Thanks to Gwyneth for the link)