I know you’re all annoyed by the autoplay video ads on this site… and if you’re reading this on an iPhone, you’ve probably been redirected to the App store by now.
A few comments about that:
- It annoys the hell out of me, too. It’s frustrating when even I can’t read things on my own site because the ads get in the way.
- I understand the need for ads, but not ones that take away from the reading experience. Patheos knows that. They don’t want these kinds of ads either — they certainly didn’t request them — and our tech folks are working as hard as they can to put a stop to them. (Really.)
- The App store redirect bug is affecting lots of websites. (We don’t make money when you buy an App that way, in case you’re wondering.)
- If you want to help us stop the autoplay ads, here’s what you can do:
1) Right-click on the ad.
2) Click “Inspect Element” (A window of code will open).
3) Take a screenshot of the entire window and all the code.
4) Email the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for bearing with us.