American Atheists is giving away a free ticket to next year’s National Convention in Memphis (and a year of free membership) to the winner of a pumpkin carving contest. And nothing says scary like a pumpkin that promotes godlessness:
The rules are pretty simple:
1. Carve a pumpkin with your favorite atheist-themed image. This can be our logo, another symbol related to atheism, faces of famous atheists, or whatever creative atheism-themed design you’d like.
2. Take two pictures: One of your pumpkin (preferably lit up from the inside), and another of yourself with your pumpkin, and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 PM Eastern on Monday, October 27. We suggest using an image-sharing service like imgur.com and sending us the links.
3. American Atheists staff will choose our top 5-10 designs.
4. Next, YOU and all your friends vote for the winner on our website! Online voting will take place Tuesday, October 28 through Thursday, October 30.
5. The winner will be announced on Halloween, Friday October 31.
Bonus points, I assume, go to anyone whose pumpkin isn’t smashed by the time Halloween ends.