The major event is the arrival in Albuquerque of the “Unholy Trinity Tour,” a traveling lecture program featuring three former believers turned atheists — Matt Dillahunty, AronRa and Seth Andrews. The program starts at 1:00 PM Saturday, May 3, at the University of New Mexico, Anthropology Building, Room #163. A question and answer period will follow, then a meet and greet hangout session afterwards.
In addition to the event, freethought groups from across the state will be doing a large online advertising push all month to re-introduce themselves to their communities:
- Las Cruces Atheists, Agnostics, Skeptics and Humanists
- Los Alamos Community of Atheists
- Freedom From Religion, Albuquerque
- Humanist Society of New Mexico (Albuquerque)
- Roswatheists (Roswell)
- Santa Fe Atheist Community
- Secular Student Alliance at the University of New Mexico (Albuquerque)
- Secular Student Alliance at New Mexico State University (Las Cruces)
- Women Atheists and Freethinkers (Albuquerque)
“It is only by publicizing our groups and encouraging individuals to come out that we can let others of like mind know there is a growing non-religious community across the state to serve them,” said Marilee Harrison, coordinator of NMCoR. “And the general public needs to know that folks like us are everywhere. We are their friends, neighbors, coworkers and family members. And we should be as free as anyone to express our views openly.”
If you’re anywhere near any of those groups, pop in for a visit at their next gathering and meet some like-minded activists!