The video below, part of The Atheist Voice series, reveals my Top Ten Stories of the year for atheists:
The list (with links):
10) Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) swears in on the Constitution instead of the Bible.
9) Atheist bench unveiled in Florida in response to a Ten Commandments monument — and other non-Christian groups begin responding in kind.
8) Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia admits he believes in the Devil.
7) Reddit atheism taken off front page.
6) Former Rep. Barney Frank comes out as an atheist after leaving office.
5) IRS gets sued for not enforcing rules forbidding churches from endorsing political candidates.
4) Joe Klein of Time magazine lies in a cover story, writing that Secular Humanists are nowhere to be found after a disaster — and the magazine only issues a half-hearted apology.
3) American Atheists’ President Dave Silverman becomes a regular panelist on Fox News Channel.
2) CNN’s Wolf Blitzer assumes tornado survivor is religious, only to have her tell him on live television, “I’m actually an atheist.”
1) The rise of the Sunday Assembly and atheist “congregations” everywhere.
Alright, let the debates begin!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the project — more videos will be posted soon — and we’d also appreciate your suggestions as to which questions we ought to tackle next!