I have so many questions about The Prayer Station store in Hickory Ridge Mall in Memphis, TN:
- Wouldn’t it be better business for a retail store to use that space?
- Whose shopping agenda consists of visiting Macy’s, Build-a-Bear, and The Prayer Store?
- If Groupon were to offer a deal on this place, what would that deal be…?
- What if someone who’s not Christian wants to be prayed for?
- Do any prayer requests get rejected?
- Does the store offer warranties? What if I want to return the product because I’m not happy with it?
- What stores are near The Prayer Store? (Someone please tell me that it’s Victoria’s Secret…)
- Who is working on Sunday and why aren’t they in church?
In 2008, [World Overcomers Outreach Ministries Church Inc.] purchased the [mall] property, including the Applebee’s Restaurant on the north front entrance; later it also acquired the retail space that housed Macy’s and Dillard’s.
The mall space will be utilized in six ways: retail, community services, training and education services, family entertainment, youth recreation and ministry…
Ah, the Christian Mall… my favorite place to hang out on weekends. So much for the Victoria’s Secret idea, though.
If a church owns a mall, I don’t know whether that cheapens the church, makes the mall less desirable to visit, or actually helps both out.
(Thanks to kindofabuzz for the link)