The video of my talk from the recent Secular Student Alliance conference is now up on YouTube!
I had planned to talk about my confrontations with a Religious Right group last year, but as I say in the beginning of the video, I decided to discard that and focus on how it can be useful to reach out to those who disagree with us:
I’m not saying I always reach out to Christians as I should, but in a lot of cases, it’s not that hard to do and we don’t do enough of it in the atheist blogosphere. I know I’ve been trying to do more of it lately. I have found that, more often than not, It helps clarify the story in a way you don’t see in a lot of news outlets.
A few notes:
- The comedian I show at the beginning of the video is Hari Kondabolu.
- The whole saga with Laurie is all over the place, but many of the links are here.
- Yep, I have the ShamWow dude as my desktop background.
- The full interview with Richard Cohen on The Rachel Maddow Show is here and here.
- The Whetu Abraham story is here and here.
- My interview with Pastor Terry Jones, the man behind “International Burn A Koran Day,” is here.
- My posting about the Marin Foundation and their “I’m Sorry” signs is here. (I still have not received responses to the interview questions I sent Andrew Marin.)
Your feedback on the talk is always appreciated!