I don’t talk too much about my personal/work life on this site, but I figured I’d share some of the things that are going on right now:
- I’m the new head coach of my high school’s Speech Team (a.k.a. Forensics)! I competed in this when I was in school and have been an assistant coach on various teams for the past several years, so I’m really excited about being able to run my own team. The students I have already are incredibly talented and now I can focus on recruiting other people to join them. When I don’t post anything between November and February, you’ll know why.
- I’m teaching my first Advanced Placement class (Statistics) this year! I’ve taught honors classes before, but this is a whole new level of crazy-smart, not-afraid-to-challenge-me, let’s-do-battle-over-one-point-on-the-test-you-already-got-an-A-on students. I can’t wait!
- With all this going on, something has to give. So I chose to step down from my position as chair of the Secular Student Alliance board of directors last week. The newly elected chair is a fantastic leader and I’ll post more about him soon. I’m going to remain on the board until my term expires next summer.
- I have a couple postings coming up on this site that have been in the works for a while now. They were probably the hardest things I’ve ever tried to put together but I think they’ll be worth it for readers. (This also probably means they’ll get all of 2 comments. That always seems to happen on posts I spend a lot of time on…)
- I may be writing for a couple other mainstream websites soon. If/when that happens, I’ll provide the links.
- I’m putting together my speaking calendar for the upcoming school year. If your campus/off-campus group is interested in having me, please let me know!
- My mom would also like me to tell you all that I’m very excited about meeting a nice Indian woman/getting married/having children this year. Apparently, she knows something that I don’t. (Should I be worried about this?)