I’m going to be interviewing someone soon for a project. The subject is religious texts (mostly the Bible, but also the Koran and others).
I could use some help in compiling questions to ask.
I’m not focusing on, say, specific contradictions in the Bible. What I’m looking for are broader questions about the books.
Here are some that came to my mind:
- What do we actually know about historical religious figures like Jesus and Mohammad? Did they really exist? Are the stories written about them accurate?
- How were the holy books put together?
- How reliant are the texts in terms of historical accuracy?
- Is there anything wrong with taking a more liberal interpretation of the texts?
- What are the biggest similarities between various religious texts?
What would you like to know about them?
What would be helpful for non-atheists to learn about their holy books?