Let me just quote the first paragraph of the article:
DOTHAN, Ala. — Larry Blumberg is looking for a few good Jews to move to his corner of the Bible Belt. Blumberg is chairman of an organization offering Jewish families as much as $50,000 to relocate to Dothan, an overwhelmingly Christian town of 58,000 that calls itself the Peanut Capital of the World. Get involved at Temple Emanu-El and stay at least five years, the group’s leaders say, and the money doesn’t have to be repaid.
You will need to supply “Rabbinic reference,” but if you qualify, you could get money in the following areas:
Grants are available, for those who qualify, up to $50,000 in the following general categories (and maximum amounts):
- Relocation – moving and resettling ($7,500)
- Housing – primary residence ($7,500)
- Temple Emanu-El membership ($1,000)
- Repaying outstanding educational loans ($15,000)
- Small business seed money ($15,000)
- Children’s private secular K-12 education ($7,500)
- Other outstanding financial obligations ($7,500)
The Blumbergs want to relocate up to twenty Jewish families… which brings the potential amount of the treasure chest up to $1,000,000.
(I’m a math teacher. I did that one in my head!)
Who wants to convert with me?
I have student loans that must be paid off.