What is a “Friendly Christian“?
A Friendly Christian…
1. First and foremost, is a Christian
2. Does not expect people to believe what he/she believes
3. Does not go around telling people that they’re going to hell
4. Is real about his/her faith. Admits to doubting. Admits to questioning. Admits to struggling
5. Does not judge people for believing what he/she believes
6. Does not look down on people that don’t call themselves Christians
In many of my encounters with Christians, I’ve found an overwhelming number to be “Unfriendly Christians.” Quite frankly, they came across as arrogant jerks. It’s sad. Rather than loving and serving them, we tend to judge, point fingers, and tell people that they’re wrong. I’ve even heard one person say that we view people that don’t share the same beliefs as us to be “projects rather than people.” My goal is to break the mold of a cranky Christian. I refuse to beat people over the head with my bible. People are PEOPLE, not projects!
I’m looking forward to reading the posts here. And you should be, too, which is why you’re going to subscribe to the RSS feed.
[tags]atheist, atheism, Christian[/tags]