Brian Parra has 10 tips on how to be an atheist activist, with some help from Bobbie Kirkhart, Victoria Parra and Ingemar Hulthage.
He goes into a lot of depth for each tip; here’s his list in brief:
10. Stay current on atheist matters.
9. Respond when people assume you are religious.
8. Broaden religious traditions.
7. Be a watchdog in your local community.
6. Join a membership group.
5. Support political lobbying.
4. Volunteer your time to support an atheist cause or any good cause in the name of atheism.
3. Share your atheism with people you know.
2. Share your atheism with other atheists.
1. Be a living ambassador of your ideals.
A good list so far. Here are a few more:
- Don’t be a jerk.
- Don’t put your real address on anything.
- Don’t let the hate mail freak you out.
What else is missing?
[tags]atheist, atheism, Brian Parra, Bobbie Kirkhart, Victoria Parra, Ingemar Hulthage[/tags]